- The Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation -BLHF is extending counseling services to cover those impacted directly or indirectly by the injustice and maltreatment of African-Americans observed over the last few weeks.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – The nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Psychology Today – Online directory to help people find therapists and psychiatrists.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health – Provide high quality substance abuse treatment services. Through their programs, individuals receive the tools to overcome their alcohol/drug dependencies and learn to manage co-occurring disorders.
- Therapy for Black Girls– An online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls.
- Therapy for Black Men – Online directory to help men of color in their search for a therapist. Using the directory, men can search by therapist location and specialization.
- ATL Psychotherapy and Consulting Services (accepts insurance)
ATL Psychotherapy and Consulting Services works with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to anger management, parent support, and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive environment, we offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of our clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for. Dr. Kanika Bell, as co-founders of ATL Psychotherapy and Consulting Services LLC., specializes in an eclectic mix of cognitive behavioral therapy and insight-oriented therapy geared toward assisting the client in discovering his or her own answers and taking control of his or her own life this is accomplished through. Click here for a list of other therapist and click here for a list of male therapist.
- Bit by Bit Counseling – Individual Therapy
Cheryl Delaney is a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist who works with perfectionists, over-achievers and people-pleasers. A recovering perfectionist herself, her goal is to be living proof that life can be so much better than perfect! The truth of our “flaws” is that they’re usually there for good reason. When she thinks about clutter, for example, she thinks about the huge numbers of things she’s held onto because they show how much she cares about a particular relationship or even a younger version of herself. There’s usually something beautiful to see in every part of ourselves even if we might wish we were rid of it. She loves her work and the collaboration with her clients. The tools and methods used in her therapy sessions are powerful (and fun!) and it’s a joy for her to use them in sessions and watch transformations unfold.
- Camp Psychological & Consulting Services- Individual and Group Therapy (accepts insurance)
Camp Psychological & Consulting Services– Dr. Christina Camp is a licensed psychologist and has been providing psychotherapy to individuals, adolescents, couples and groups for over a decade. She has specific expertise in treating mood disorders, life transitions, women’s issues, couples, and multicultural populations. Dr. Camp opened Camp Psychological and Consulting Services in 2009 in an effort to continue the work of making psychotherapy accessible and relatable to a broad audience of individuals and communities. In addition to facilitating annual Sister Circle retreats, Dr. Camp offers ongoing virtual weekly Sister Circle therapeutic support groups in her private practice via a telemental health platform.
- Lewis Family and Consulting – Individual and Group Therapy
Lamarr Lewis, LAPC CPRP, is a dedicated advocate, therapist, author, and agent of change. As a community-based practitioner, he works with diverse groups including individuals living with psychiatric disabilities, people in recovery from substance abuse, and at-hope youth (He does not use the term at-risk). Through outreach initiatives, public speaking, coaching, and mentoring, he develops the next generation of leaders emphasizing sound mental health, self-mastery, reflective leadership, and holistic wellness.
- Movements for Change, LLC – Individual Therapy
Keachia Makeba Bowers is a Registered Clinical Social Work Intern and founder of Movements for Change, LLC where she provides therapeutic services that facilitate emotional growth and transformation. Keachia promotes heart-centered healing and radical self-love as the foundation of her work in the South Florida Community. The hallmark of Keachia’s practice is her ability to educate community members about mental health challenges and solutions within marginalized populations. Keachia’s own story of transformation and healing creates a sense of trust and transparency among her clients. Her passion for healing is based on the reality that we should not heal in isolation; a non-judgmental, listening ear, filled with compassion, is what we need.